Friday, October 30, 2009

Dad admits ripping out his ex-girlfriend's eye; denies he attempted to murder her (Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom)

Dad FRANCIS MURPHY admits that he ripped his ex-girlfriend's eye out of its socket and threw it from a high-rise balcony. But he denies that he attempted to murder her, no sir. (Is there a Scottish expression for bull---- artist?) The ex-girlfriend hand just broken up with Dad, and they had a son, age not given.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/133489-woman-relives-horror-eye-gouging-attack/

Woman relives horror eye-gouging attack
Natalie Farrell tells trial how ex-partner Francis Murphy ripped her eye from its socket and hurled it from a high-rise balcony.

.29 October 2009 08:57 AM

A mum whose eye was ripped from its socket and thrown from a high-rise balcony has re-lived the horror attack in court.

A trial at the High Court in Edinburgh heard that Natalie Farrell, 27, didn't realise what had happened - until a pal found the eye and gave it to paramedics who had been called to Dundee's Dalfield Court.

Ex-partner Francis Murphy, 26 - father of Natalie's son - admits causing the horror injury, but denies a charge of attempted murder.

Ms Farrell told the court that their ten-year relationship had just ended and she had moved into an eighth-floor flat in Dalfield Court just days before, with the new man in her life - but Murphy did not take it well.

Advocate depute Iain McSporran, prosecuting, asked how she felt about what had happened.

Ms Farrell told him: "I cannot really put it into words. It is just, I ken I dinnae look right any more. I have lost half my sight. That is me disabled for life now."

The trial heard how Ms Farrell and Mr Stanton were expecting a visitor - and left the door open when Murphy - who Ms Farrell said was drunk - arrived.

She said he attacked Mr Stanton with a metal object and he ran from the flat to get help.

Murphy then turned to her and said: "I am taking your eye out you ******* cow. He had the hook or the coat hanger and he was trying to get that into my eye."

He then tried to get his thumb and two fingers into her eye, she said, then put his hands round her throat and strangled her until she blacked out.

Ms Farrell said: "Because of the adrenalin and the fear I didn't feel pain at the time. and as soon as he done that he strangled me and I went unconscious. I only felt pain when I woke up in hospital."

Ms Farrell said her right eye was hanging by the optic nerve as she fought back, hitting Murphy over the head with a cup to gain enough time to run from the flat.

He saw her and began attacking her again, she said, trying to pull her by the legs towards the rail of the balcony. Murphy then made a move as if to brush hair from her face.

She said: "See how your eye dangles on the optic nerve. He wasn't pulling the hair off my face, it was the optic nerve. They found my eye lying at the bottom of the balcony."

The trial continues.